[mythtv] Lini-In Volume

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Feb 4 22:54:41 EST 2003

Bryce C wrote:
> Except that btaudio doesn't work.  I get my sound through the line-in
> connector.  I know it works because I have to turn up the line-in volume
> to watch live tv. Line-in is set to capture seems to be at 0 event when
> recording which causes the problem of NO SOUND!

Bryce, bear with me 'cause I really do want to help. I
believe exactly what you are saying. The fact that you
"have to turn up the line-in volume to watch live tv"
says that you aren't hearing the recorded sound being
played back but you do hear the realtime analog sound.

The line-in volume affects the realtime analog sound
passing through the sound card. This is not the sound
that is used to record and playback. The line-in volume
should be muted and/or 0(!). There should be another
item titled "Capture" that needs to have the volume
turned up. Please take a few minutes to read through
Troubleshooting audio:

Hope this helps,

--  bjm