[mythtv] backend plus frontend (success!!!)

Greg.Froese at Federated.CA Greg.Froese at Federated.CA
Wed Feb 5 09:08:36 EST 2003

I can try.

- for both machines
        - running RH8.0.
        - followed the great docs on www.mythtv.org for getting myth
running on both machines.
        - updated mysql and glibc to most recent versions to allow remote
mysql access on a RH8.0 machine.  There are other ways to do this, but I
simply used the rpms from freshrpms.net to upgrade.
        - be sure to be running the same version of cvs on both machines

- for frontend machine
        - changed the IP address from "localhost" to my backend IP address
in MC/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp before compiling the frontend machine
        - changed mysql.txt hostname value to backend IP
        - had to turn off deinterlacing in the setup section for Playback
due to my PII lacking the sse flag in /proc/cpuinfo (more info in the
FAQ's)

- for backend machine
        - changed backend_settings.txt ServerIP to the backend's IP
address (not localhost)
        - added mythtv@<FRONTEND_IP> user access to mysql
        - make sure the mysql ports are open and accessable from
FRONTEND_IP

I think that is about it.  Let me know if I missed something
gf

"Brent" <brent at biglinux.tccw.wku.edu>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-bounces at snowman.net
02/05/2003 08:55 AM