[mythtv] Re: Crazy Thoughts + RF Remote Ideas

William Preston bpreston at networkusa.net
Wed Feb 5 10:13:38 EST 2003

> Also, I used to have an X10 mouse remote... however,
> it meet an unpleasant fate.  So now, I'm looking at my
> other collection of RF remotes (X10 mp3anywhere remote
> -> an no, it doesn't work with the mouseremote.pl
> stuff, and an ATI AIW RF remote).  Anyone manage to
> get one of those remotes to work with Myth?  Pointers
> anyone?

For the X10 mp3remote, I wouldn't bother with the mouseremote.pl route...I
found it buggy as hell.  Use this software...I've got it working with your
previous (the X10mouseremote) remote, but I would guess (?) it might work
with the mp3remote as well?:

http://dmc.bigi.com/

Grab his package, untar it, go to the X10remoted dir and modify the code
to point to your tty.  Use XTE commands to push keyboard commands to Myth.