[mythtv] stuttery audio with current cvs

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 10 21:19:33 EST 2003

I just confirmed that I have the same problem... I was having this
problem with the 5-feb CVS, and now still with today's (10-feb).  Sound
is stuttery watching LiveTV, but if I start a recording and then watch
it while it's in-progress, everything's fine.  So, it's NOT a hardware
or duplex issue, or even a raw processing power issue; most likely it's
a software issue; something specific to LiveTV versus watching an
in-progress recording.

Question:  what is the difference (in the code) between watching live tv
and watching an in-progress recording?

My setup:

Asus A7A266 + Athlon XP 1600+
256 MB RAM
WinTV-Radio PCI (using btaudio for capture)
Hercules Fortissimo III (ALSA snd-cs46xx driver for output)
GeForce4 MX w/latest NVIDIA binary drivers

-Joe C.