[mythtv] user friendly install & channel management

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Tue Feb 11 11:39:00 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:52:41AM +0000, julian.cable at ntlworld.com wrote:

> I'm not sure how attachements work on this list so please shout if nothing comes through.
>
> I've done some enhancements to MythWeb and some knock-on stuff for mythtv:
>
> 1) Added an "epg" table to the database to allow user selectable ordering of channels

I don't see the database definition for this table...what is in it?  If it
is only for ordering of channels, why not add an order column to the channel
table instead?

Could you send a unified diff of your mythweb changes, rather than a tarball
of the whole tree?

> I upgraded tv_grab_uk to allow channel extraction.

This should probably go to the xmltv development list; mythtv does not (and
likely will not) include XMLTV.

> I upgraded mythfilldatabase with extra options to use the sql database
> rather than the config directory so everything is now synched.

I haven't tried this, but it looks like it writes out a temporary xmltv
config which only contains the channel list...don't you need the provider ID
as well?

> patch is relative to 0.7 release.

It's probably better to submit patches against CVS, since they will be much
easier to merge.

Though, some people are crazy and do it by hand. :-)

--
 - mdz