[mythtv] Re:Right edge of screen cut off

mythtv at thetechguide.com mythtv at thetechguide.com
Tue Feb 11 20:13:48 EST 2003

Yes, I'm using the matrox framebuffer, but since the problem only occurs while
watching livetv or prerecorded tv, and at all other times the screen is fine, I
don't think this is the problem.

Again, full-screen in xawtv works perfectly.  Every other screen in mythtv looks
perfect (haven't tried playing a video using mythvideo though).  If I watch a
program, hit f to go to windowed mode, I can resize the window down and it will
eventually look right...I can move that window around and it stays fine.  If I
resize beyond a certain point, it will have the right-hand side of the screen
cut off.  If I move the window around some, the same spot in the window will be
cut off, so it's not an fbset issue.  I also realize that even in livetv it's
still giving me a prerecorded picture, so it's the same issue in livetv as it is
when watching a prerecorded show.

I will, however, probably try your fbset command later as my screen isn't
perfect, it seems a little wavy...but it does fill up the screen at this point.
 My current command is /usr/sbin/fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -left 39 -right -72 -upper
66 -lower
30