[mythtv] mythmusic cvs commits that require another library?

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Fri Feb 14 10:24:54 EST 2003

At 14-2-03 02:43, Lonnie Hutchinson wrote:
>It looks like a decoder needs to be written, and rather than writing one I
>thought using an existing one (zvbi) would be appropriate.

By the way: I tried zvbi, as it is the most complete. It was a performance
hog however, too neatly developed with layers upon layers, loosing a lot of
CPU probably in full unicode support. The teletext I stripped from AleVT
(upon which zvbi was based) is _very_ much faster that the version I had
working linked against zvbi.

Same goes for the myth-cc.c decoder, it just decodes the text to ASCII
without supporting buffered multicolored unicode russian CC or whatever.

Erik