[mythtv] Test (crude) patch for commercial skipping

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard petecool at vl.videotron.ca
Mon Feb 17 08:51:44 EST 2003

> Is there any other way to detect commercials?

Sometimes I see a white rectangle flashing in the top right corner about 30 seconds before the beginning of a commercial "break", it flashes until the beginning of the (lame, retarded, extremely louder) ads.

For auto-detection of ads you could have the code watch for that rectangle, and after a few seconds (~20 if I'm right that it starts flashing 30 seconds before the beginning of the ads) start a higher-sensitivity mode of your detection code.

Pete