[mythtv] Using DV over 1394 input, not V4L capture.

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Feb 18 14:29:10 EST 2003

I have been looking at getting some sort of interface running on my
media system at home, to automate the current manual DVD playback and DV
capture that I have.

MythTV looks like a very useful system, and the PVR capabilities are
quite interesting in addition to the other front-end stuff.

I don't have a great interest in changing away from DV as my input
source for TV stuff, but I can't see any great reason why that wouldn't
work with MythTV.

So, has anyone already worked with this sort of input, or can anyone
offer reasons why it might not be suitable?

In any case I will probably look into any requisite changes myself, but
it's always nice to avoid duplicating existing work.

     Daniel

--
May the Forces of Evil become confused on the way to your house.
        -- George Carlin