[mythtv] Problem with swedish characters

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed Feb 19 13:02:15 EST 2003

> At 17-2-03 22:25, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> >I recently downloaded and installed mythtv 0.7
> >It took a while to get it to work properly (more or less
> working) but there
> >seems to be some problems with the swedish character å ä and
> ö (in html:
> >å ä and ö).
> >I checked the output from xmltv and it properly showed the swedish
> >characters.
>
> What do you mean by "properly"? Did it show "å", or did
> it show the
> characters like you can read them in Swedish?
> If so: what viewer with what settings on which platform did you use?

I only wrote those html codes because i wasn't sure how åäö woud look for
others that don't live in sweden and maybe don't have a mailclient that can
show them.

The output from xmltv (tv_grab_sn) contains å ä and ö like it shoud, i
checked from the linux console.

If i try to view the program guide from mythweb all swedish characters is
replaced with some strange 2 character code (i think it was a pi sign and
somthing else, don't remeber exactly now)
And if i from the web mark a program so it will be recorded it doesn't show
up as marked for recording from mythtv, if i remeber right this happends
only with programs that have swedish characters in the name.

Another problem i have is that i can only change channels between 2
channels, and when i type some numbers (i asume it is suposed to change
channels) noting happends.

Did i do something wrong when i installed mythtv?

I'll do some more tests when i get home