[mythtv] www.mythtv.org website problem

Alex Krohn alex at gossamer-threads.com
Thu Feb 20 19:36:45 EST 2003

Hi,

> I do have an ad blocker (ad-subtract).  I presumed the problem was with
> some sort of browser detection script on the server because I didn't
> have the problem with IE6.  I will check it with the ad blocker disabled.

Got me curious. I just tried out ad-subtract, and the stupid thing is blocking
gossamer-threads.com, because it matches an ad server called eads.com. That's
why it stripped out the links on mythtv.org.

Anyways, try emailing the vendor to get them to match domains exactly, as
otherwise you are missing any domain that happens to have eads.com and who
knows how many other sites.

This is probably gotten off topic enough though.  =)

Cheers,

Alex