[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Fri Feb 21 14:40:56 EST 2003

Thanks Chris, I'm anxious to test this patch -- almost as anxious as I
am to receive my TV tuner. ;-)

Possible directions to take this work further:
	- A flag for channels which indicates whether we should auto-skip
	  commercials.  This flag would be off for movie channels, for example.
	- Automagic marking of commercials in the stream as viewed by the OSD.
	- A flag to toggle automagic editing of recordings to elide commercials.

This is promising stuff!

#if Chris Pinkham /* Feb 21, 10:55 */
#endif /* cpinkham at bc2va.org */