[mythtv] patch: setting scope, fixschema

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Mon Feb 24 17:11:19 EST 2003

In the (near?) future, I plan to have the settings slurped from the
database in a single query.  We'll be retrieving settings which are
essentially arbitrary.  It makes sense (to me) to only retrieve the
settings for the given module, and it's much easier to perform the
retrievals and updates on more structured data.

We could change the scope to an enum.  That is effectively the same
as prepending the module name to the setting, but it would not allow
settings to be shared or shadowed by modules -- which I think is reason
enough to implement this code.  I'm specifically thinking of settings
that are used by libmyth.

#if Isaac Richards /* Feb 24, 11:25 */
#endif /* ijr at po.cwru.edu */