[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Mon Feb 24 23:29:41 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:13:49 -0500 (EST) spake Chris of:

> > in fact I read the PDF linked from a post to this list which suggested
> > that most commercial breaks last at least 3 ads long
> > so it might make sense to check fisrst for a "90 second commercial"
>
> Yeah, but I'm not sure about checking that long of an interval during
> playback.  I'd rather it be a little slower than to accidentilly skip
> part of a show.

I agree. :)  Alias this week had some blank sections that confused Myth's
commercial skip code. I was wondering why the dialog wasn't making sense, and
when I hit rewind to try listening closer, it started going back to a scene I
hadn't seen before... (and then it wouldn't let me rewind far enough... which
seemed odd to me... it went back to a certain point, and then wouldn't go any
further)

aaron