[mythtv] Sound problem

Robert Chastain kelsey at blackcat.homeip.net
Tue Feb 25 10:01:36 EST 2003

Just installed the newest version of lirc and got it changing channels on my Comcast Digital Cable box (General Instruments). When I change channels, the sound becomes very distorted and has a quick, slap-echo, type thing going on. This doesn't happen everytime but happens probably 70% of the time. The more often I change channels the more likely it is to occur. The problem will continue until I exit Live TV and enter again, at which point it's fine. Changing channels once this problem begins does not resolve the issue either. Taking lirc out of the equation and using the Comcast remote to change channels works fine.

It seems to be an issue where lirc is temporarily grabbing so many cycles that Myth's sound sync or re-initialization of the ringbuffer file on channel change goes whack. Has anyone else seen this? I'm running a P4 2.4g with 512meg PC2100 ram, WD 100g ATA-133. I verified this is an issued for me using cvs from Feb 4., and cvs from Feb 25.

Thanks,
kelsey

---"You win again gravity!" - Zapp Brannigan