[mythtv] Re: Per-channel time offset?

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Thu Feb 27 15:11:52 EST 2003

Something I was wanting to play with eventually:
Looking at TV 5-10 minutes (if possible) ahead of time, snarfing the
closed captioning (my VCR uses this to record the show names that you
recorded),
and keying the "Record Start" and "Record End" events off the closed
captions.

That way you wouldn't (ok... maybe wouldn't) miss the last plays of an
Overtime game
or something.

*If* this works, you could probably use the CC information to populate the
time offset table automagically (it would still take a long time -- 24
hrs/channel!).

But I don't know all the variables (the station could wait 10 mins to send
the CC info,
etc) to say if it has any chance of working.

-Tj