[mythtv] Myth .nuv MPEG4 format portability

David Madsen madsend at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 27 19:36:06 EST 2003

Yes, you are correct in your assumption.  mencoder does something different
while handling the data than mplayer does.  Either mencoder is chopping out
some of the audio or reproducing some of the dropped frames (more likely)
and mplayer doesn't do this when used in the yuv4mpeg output method
apparently.

I think one of the main reasons that shell scripts and pipes are still being
used is the old idea of people not wanting to reinvent the wheel. Someone
has already done this or that so we'll just pipe over o this other program
which will do what we want.  The script actually works quite well despite
all the many different programs involved.  It'll even burn it straight to CD
for you if you drop a blank in your drive, as long as you have configured it
correctly of course.

Dave Madsen