[mythtv] mthtv restarting computer?

Tony Clark mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 1 22:06:07 EST 2003

On Wednesday 01 January 2003 22.45, Ray wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 05:40:03PM +0100, Henk Poley wrote:
> > Or/and track down "memcheck-86", it took me a while. At last I found it
> > on a magazines CD-ROM, so I don't know where to find it on the internet.
>
> Memtest86 can be fount at www.memtest86.org.
Personally I have never found these memory test programs of much value unless
you have really broken RAM.  make -j bzImage does make a nice simple test and
if you have a problem it will be either RAM, MB or processor.  The first 2
being the most likely.  A processor getting too hot is also possible.

tony

--
Contract ASIC and FPGA design.
Telephone