[mythtv] Yipee, almost there but audio whine

mythtv-dev at snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 2 14:27:39 EST 2003

On  2 Jan, Bryce C wrote:
> OK.  Well, I got MythTV (latest CVS as of posting) to work as it's
> supposed to except for one thing.  There's this really annoying whine in
> the sound.  I don't hear it when using a normal audio player playing
> through the alsa device or xawtv in conjunction with the direct line-in
> to spkr.  Can anyone help me solve this? I'd really like to put this
> into serious use but this is the biggest hinderace next to no audio att
> all.

Try playing with the capture levels in alsamixer. I had to put the level
of the "Capture" control at like 7% to get clear audio. Also, make sure
you are using the Line-In and not the Mic.

Note: the level of the "Line-In" only affects the passthru volume, not
the record sensitivity.

-matthew