[mythtv] Initial install...

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 2 22:41:18 EST 2003

Kent Loobey wrote:
> Okay, after much trauma I have come to accept that my ATI Xpert@play (TI 3D
> RAGE PRO TURBO) video card does not support XVideo.

Which version of the GATOS ati.2 were you trying?

> How can I know that an ATI XPert 128 (ATI RAGE 128) video card does or does
> not support XVideo with out buying and installing it?

Check the gatos site ( http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ ) to
see if there is any clear indication if it is supported.
They say "Generally, most ATI cards should work fine with
GATOS drivers (excluding some older FIRE GL ones..)".

If I were buying a new card, I'd think about an NVidia
gf2 with TV-out. ~$30 and is supported by nvtv which has
lots of features for adjusting the video output.

--  bjm