[mythtv] MythTV 0.7 Problem

James D. Bearden mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 04:21:53 EST 2003

Hello,

I am trynig to get MythTV working. It looks great, and I can't wait to get
it working. My setup: Mandrake 8.2, G200-TV, XFree mga driver, TV-Out,OSS
sound drivers, XMLTV 0.5.5. Everything seems to have compiled/installed
correctly.I can play DVD's, record and playback stuff with MJPEGtools fine,
and I can watch TV with XawTV.

The myth setup seems to run OK. mythepg seems to run OK. When I run mythtv I
get a black screen and the sound dies. In fact I can not get the sound back
except by rebooting, even reinserting the module doesn't work. The mythtv
output is thus:

[root@chronicle mythtv-0.7]# mythtv
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
Probed: /dev/video - Composite
Probed: /dev/video - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video - Television
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
channel '0' has no tuner (composite)
strange error flushing buffer ...
Using XV port 55

Any help would be appreciated!

 ---
James D. Bearden
james@nontrivial.org
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior! Investigate high quality,
full featured, secure, and free alternatives to Microsoft products
such as the Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.1/)