[mythtv] MythTV 0.7 Problem

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 3 03:33:17 EST 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 11:21 pm, James D. Bearden wrote:
> The myth setup seems to run OK. mythepg seems to run OK. When I run mythtv
> I get a black screen and the sound dies. In fact I can not get the sound
> back except by rebooting, even reinserting the module doesn't work. The
> mythtv output is thus:

Most likely thing is that your soundcard has problems doing full duplex
operation, or you're running an older version of alsa which has problems
doing full duplex operation, or a kernel driver... yadda yadda yadda.
Anyway, it's a sound problem, if that helps you narrow things down.  I
recomend trying the latest version of ALSA.

Isaac