[mythtv] What is the recommended sound card for MythTV? Can You Post your hardware, experiences, recommendstions

Calvin Harrigan mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 4 00:14:53 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 16:45, Chris wrote:
> I dont know if there is a hardware database somewhere with
> recommendations but I thought its a good idea to start a thread like
> this for anyone looking to put together a mythtv system.    I myself am
> looking to buy a new sound card that would work well in Linux and with
> Mythtv.
>

> I have a
>
> 1) Turtle Beach Sound Card
>   With kernel drivers cs46xx for Turtle Beach --> duplex possible but
> sound warbles and scratches especially at higher audio rates
>                                               --> with alsa cvs, no
> sound in watching live tv
>
> 2) CMI8738 onboard audio on Soyo KT400  --> with kernel driver cmipci,
> the line in sound is barely perceptible on recorded videos
>                                               --> with alsa cvs, no
> sound in watching live tv

I have used a sblive value and and sb pci128(ct4750)also know as ensoniq
1371.  I have had excellent results with both these cards using the OSS
drivers.

Generic Geforce 2 MX200 W/S-Videout
MSI K7T Turbo2
XP 1800+
256MB PC133
Aimslab Xtreme 98 TV Tuner <- OLD!!!
(kept the hauppauge in my main box, has FM)
80 GB Seagate Barracuda

That's about it.  Quite a simple box.

Calvin...