[mythtv] New Problem when using remote

Rob Chambers mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 4 21:38:06 EST 2003

I am not sure why this just started yesterday, but now whenever I exit live
tv using the remote the mythfrontend gui does not regain focus. I usually
see the command shell I used to launch mythfrontend pop up in front, but not
always. In either case I need to click on the mythfrontend in order for it
to regain control.

This only happens when leaving live tv using the remote it does not occur
leaving live tv using the keyboard. And as I stated above this is a new
behavior. This system was not functioning in this way prior to yesterday. I
have been playing around trying to get mythfrontend to start automatically
using a script in the KDE autostart directory but I have removed the script
and I am still experiencing the same behavior.

I am running with the following setup

Software
MythTV .07
lirc 0.6.6
nvtvout 0.4.2
Mandrake 9 - autologin to KDE with user TV

Hardware
AMD 1800+
ATI TV Wonder VE
Homebuilt IR Receiver

I appreciate any suggestions. Also if anyone has tips on autostarting
mythfrontend with the above config it might save what little hair I have
left.

Thanks
Rob