[mythtv] Hardware configuration

Kevin Bowen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 6 19:04:09 EST 2003

I experience the same thing with my Athlon 1800+... I have to notch it down
to 640x400 to keep playback from stuttering... at that res cpu is always in
the ~90% range. I'm using SDR ram, I suspect that may have something to do
with the discrepency between my performance and other peoples. Outa
curiosity, is your system running DDR or sdr ram?

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net
[mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]On Behalf Of Johann Klemmack
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 10:20 PM
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: RE: [mythtv] Hardware configuration

Heh - weird.  I have an Athlon 1700+ and I can NOT get jitter-free mpeg4 at
640x480.  I have a GeForce4 MX420 card, 512 RAM, off a VIA chipset with an
ATA100 harddrive, and WinTV.  Everything is running off of Redhat 8.0 (b/c
I'm a slacker).  I have DMA enabled for the harddrive access, but trying to
run mpeg4 at all pretty much peaks out my processor.  I've thought about
just upgrading my proc to an Athlon 2100+ (don't worry, the 1700+ will be
put to good use ;-) but by the sounds of this, something's wrong in my
system.  Any help on getting me jitter-free mpeg4?

Johann