[mythtv] DirecTV Satellite Channel Changer

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 9 14:40:20 EST 2003

Hey guys!

The old script (sony.pl) that I had up was extremely unreliable for me and
a real pain in the ass generally.. I found that it had great dependence on
CPU usage, etc..

In any case, in initially developing it, I had overlooked a command called
"change channel" and instead opted for numeric keypresses.. hence, three
commands were being issued to the receiver instead of just one (for
3-number channels)

SO, the script has been "improved".. It has a 100% success rate for me
now, and is MUCH more speedy..

http://tarek.2y.net/myth/sony.pl

tarek : )