[mythtv] Re: MythWeather

John Danner mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 9 17:13:03 EST 2003

> It looks like the weather data comes from msnbc.com... I think it would
> be nice if it was modified to fetch the data from another, 'more
> reliable' source... say, NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric
> Administration).  A decoded METAR report can be fetched for a given
> station ID, from

The data at MSNBC.com is provided by Weather.com which I'm guessing pulls from
information from the above site.

> It would probably simplify things a bit in the retrieval of the weather
> information...

It's already really simple to get the weather data, plus with this data we get
the forecast.

That being said: there is some extra information in the NOAA report (Dew
Point), it is more localized, and it probably is updated more often...I'll
look into adding it.

Thanks,
John