[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Matthew S. Hallacy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 9 17:16:43 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:44:28AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> Those reference drivers are of _very_ dubious legal status.

They were released to the public via the website of a company that produces
cards using the chipset, None of the companies listed in the driver package
has responded to any emails regarding the drivers. And finally, I never
signed an NDA.

> Something like the mjpeg extensions would be ideal.

Alright.

> It'd probably have to play the mpeg2 stream natively.

Are you willing to add support for this?

> And you can buy a cpu that will produce better quality video with higher
> compression for $50.  I'm not really interested in the cards. =)

Using what tuner hardware? The bt8x8 chips don't provide sufficient quality.

> That's in CVS.

I'm using CVS, perhaps keys.txt needs to be updated.