[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 9 19:14:57 EST 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 02:03 pm, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> > > Are you willing to add support for this?
> >
> > No.  I don't really want to write code for hardware I don't have.
>
> I'm not asking for you to write anything for the card, I'm asking if
> you're willing to add mpeg2 decoding support (if it's not already there),
> how do the current batch of mpeg2 encoders work through MythTV (from the
> mjpeg libraries), do you reencode the mpeg streams coming out of them?

MythTV doesn't support any file format but its own.  I haven't found a
software mpeg2 encoder that's decently fast enough to use, either.  Nothing
needs mpeg2 support but cards like that, so, yes, it would be just for that
card.

Isaac