[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Dan Sully mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 9 19:19:34 EST 2003

* Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> shaped the electrons to say...

> > > No.  I don't really want to write code for hardware I don't have.
> >
> > I'm not asking for you to write anything for the card, I'm asking if
> > you're willing to add mpeg2 decoding support (if it's not already there),
> > how do the current batch of mpeg2 encoders work through MythTV (from the
> > mjpeg libraries), do you reencode the mpeg streams coming out of them?
>
> MythTV doesn't support any file format but its own.  I haven't found a
> software mpeg2 encoder that's decently fast enough to use, either.  Nothing
> needs mpeg2 support but cards like that, so, yes, it would be just for that
> card.

It'd be nice to have MPEG2 support for burning onto DVDs. It'd be extremely
time consuming to transcode MPEG4 or RTjpeg into MPEG2

-D
--
In Stereo Where