[mythtv] Progress: Different error message

James D. Bearden mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 01:48:52 EST 2003

OK,

I jacked around with my sound config until my computer started to whimper.
So I decided to install Mandrake 9.0 and MythTV 0.7, which appears to be a
fairly common MythTV platform. The good news is that I no longer get error
messages about audio troubles. More or less. The bad news is the net affect
appears to be the same. Here is my setup:

Mandrake 9.0
MythTV 0.7
XMLTV 0.5.6
ALSA 0.9.0rc2
CM8738 Audio

The compile seems to go OK. Running mythfilldatabase seems to go OK. Runnign
mythtepg seems to go OK. When I run mythTV I get the following:

[root@chronicle init.d]# mythtv
Probed: /dev/v4l/video0 - Composite
Probed: /dev/v4l/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/v4l/video0 - Television
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
channel '0' has no tuner (composite)
strange error flushing buffer ...
Using XV port 68
Delaying to next trigger: 310507
Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Changing from None to None

Any help, pointers, clues, etc greatly appreciated.

 ---
James D. Bearden
james@nontrivial.org
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior! Investigate high quality,
full featured, secure, and free alternatives to Microsoft products
such as the Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.1/)