[mythtv] What capture cards can do full resolution?

Monty Walls mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 00:50:54 EST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:54:53 +0000 (UTC)
Stefan Wallner <subopt@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I might be getting a new capture card sometime soon (right now I am
> struggling with the Iomega Buz, not very successfully though) and would
> like to find a card that do full resolution capture and is supported in
> Linux? From what I understand most of the Haupauge-like cards max out at
> 640x480, what card can do full PAL/NTSC DVD resolution (besides the MJPEG
> cards, that is).

not actually max out, just hardcoded into the bttv driver that way.becuase
NTSC should be 7??x486 (hazy memory). Need to try patching bttv and your capture
application and see what happens.

I tried something similar last year and found a little white box in the bottom
right corner that flagged commercials :)

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls@castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission