[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 07:54:10 EST 2003

Andrew Dacey wrote:
 > ...I also don't have the same availability locally for cheap new
> processors. An Athlon XP 1800+ locally is $156 CAD (roughly $100 US)

The Athlon 1800 mentioned on the website is referring to
recording with two tuners at the same time. A Duron 1.2
or 1.3 with motherboard and a WinTV model 140 would be
cheaper than a WinTV PVR and would be a better investment.

> ... I would love to see WinTV PVR-250 support in MythTV.

I would love to see WinTV PVR-250 support in Linux. MythTV
support would follow.

--  bjm