[mythtv] What capture cards can do full resolution?

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 08:37:07 EST 2003

> Van: Stefan Wallner <subopt@sdf.lonestar.org>
>
> Hello,
> I might be getting a new capture card sometime soon (right now I am
> struggling with the Iomega Buz, not very successfully though) and would
> like to find a card that do full resolution capture and is supported in
> Linux? From what I understand most of the Haupauge-like cards max out at
> 640x480, what card can do full PAL/NTSC DVD resolution (besides the MJPEG
> cards, that is).

My Terratec Cinery 600 can record PAL at 720x576, does it quite flawlessly
with MPEG2 software compression under Windows. I use an Athlon 2000+. Don't
think you really need that quality on a CRT though, but it looks nicer at
my LCD screen (pixels show up less big/blown up).

	Henk Poley <><