[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 22:15:59 EST 2003

Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
>>Supporting mpeg1/2 data streams in addition to the internal format _is_
>>specific support for that card.  Nothing else needs it.  And yes, I did say I
>>may be interested once the driver situation gets straightened out.  Until
>>there's a redistributable driver, there's no point whatsoever in supporting
>>the card.
>

> i suppose Hauppauge invented MPEG1/2 and they're the only place you'd
> ever see it.
>
> Really, it's out there for various reasons (DVD, VCD, SVCD, internet,
> captures from peoples DV cams, etc) being able to watch them in MythTV
> would be useful.

As your work on this progresses, you'll find that there is
a difference between MPEG compression and MPEG file format.
Simply because something uses MPEG video compression doesn't
mean NuppleVideoPlayer can read the A/V file.

--  bjm