[mythtv] Is there a way to string together different hard drives for storage in MyThTV?

Chuck Wolber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 11 22:25:29 EST 2003

Consider using LVM instead of RAID in this case. LVM allows you
aribtrarily string together as many hard drives as you want without having
to take down your system or worry about having to reformat to make a
partition larger (IE add more disk). Works great in RedHat 7.3 and 8.0 (I
suspect others too, but I have only used it in those two).

A good lvm HOWTO can be found here:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/index.html

I'm also happy to help if that isn't clear enough for you. LVM on Linux is
actually surprisingly easy to use.

--
 Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education			|

"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
			-- Henry Spencer