[mythtv] Quiet, cheap, simple - but crappy audio

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 06:08:49 EST 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 12:48 am, clloyd@lloyd.dyndns.org wrote:
>         sox -r 448000 -c 1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp
>
> Sounds great!
> Now here is my problem. How do I get mythtv to downsample the
> really high audio rate so my sound is good.

Did you ever try the digital dsp device?
'sox -r 32000 -c 2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp'?

It doesn't do any audio resampling, currently..  could be added without too
much trouble, though, if you wanted to do it.  There's code in libavcodec
that could _easily_ be used to do it.

Isaac