[mythtv] Washed out colors

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 20:39:40 EST 2003

On 12 Jan 2003 at 14:29, aaron wrote:

> Actually, I think the problem is that the card's tuner gets detected wrong by
> the tuner.o module. Using "modprobe tuner type=17" (or something; I forget the
> exact number right now) fixed this problem for me on my non-VE TV Wonder.

Actually 9 times out of 10 that IS the case, however the TV Wonder does have
some issues with tuning.... I've experienced the same thing here in
Vancouver, BC, Canada and I know a few people in outlying areas who
experience the same thing.

Also there are multiple tuners that will work with the TV Wonder, dunno about
the VE, I've had success with tuner=2 (phillips ntsc) and tuner=8 (temic
ntsc) and one or two others.  I'm currently using the temic tuner as that is
what it is detected as under Win9x and under linux if no tuner argument is
passed to bttv.  Oddly enough, it you take the cover off the tuner, it most
definitely is a Phillips one. Using the Temic tuner argument does seem to
give a cleaner signal though <shrug>.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting