[mythtv] Re: Using an external program for scheduled recordings

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 13 10:57:28 EST 2003

At 13-1-03 11:31, Joe Venzon wrote:
>Thanks for the response Erik, it seems most of the people that use MythTV
>would have no use for what I want to do with it.  But, thanks to spending
>my entire weeking slashing and burning through the MythTV 0.7 code, I did
>manage to get exactly what I want.  It actually wasn't too hard..
 > I broke MythTV's ability to play recorded programs inside the frontend,
and I probably (I haven't
 > actually tried) also broke MythTV's live TV watching functions.

Well, if you told you didn't mind breaking the other functionality... :-)

 > Anyway, I think it's pretty cool, and if anyone else is interested (from
erik's response, though, it sounds
 > like no one would be) in getting my modified source, feel free to send
e-mail to me or to the list in
 > response to this and I'll put it somewhere on my site.
Don't take my word for it, I heard more questions to have files playing
outside mythtv. Yours is certainly one way of doing it...

Erik