[mythtv] Mythtv Show Verification Script (safe version)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jan 14 19:07:00 EST 2003

Cedar McKay wrote:
> I should be smacked for suggesting a feature with no clue/intent to
> implement it, but how hard would it be to integrate something loosely
> based on Nathan's script into mythtv itself? The idea is that upon
> startup, or perhaps once a week the script would autorun and alert the
> user if there were any orphaned recordings, and ask the what to do with
> it. I suppose the answer is that when mythtv reaches 1.0 it won't ever
> lose files in the first place.

Orphaned files happened in 0.7 because the database wasn't
updated until after the recording completed. If myth was
killed during a recording there would be an orphan. In 0.8
it writes to the db first then starts to record. Now there
is the possibility of a db entry with no file. I just checked
and I have 18 rows in recorded and 18 files. I haven't
cleaned up in at least a month (used to be every few days).

Still there probably is a need for periodic maintenance like
making sure there is enough free space, match the table with
the files just in case, etc.

--  bjm