[mythtv] Mythtv Show Verification Script (safe version)

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Tue Jan 14 22:48:22 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:07:00 -0800 spake Bruce of:

> Orphaned files happened in 0.7 because the database wasn't
> updated until after the recording completed. If myth was
> killed during a recording there would be an orphan. In 0.8
> it writes to the db first then starts to record. Now there
> is the possibility of a db entry with no file. I just checked
> and I have 18 rows in recorded and 18 files. I haven't
> cleaned up in at least a month (used to be every few days).

I've had the case where my machine oopses during recording (crappy sound
and/or tuner driver, I'm sure...) and when I reboot, all the shows I had
recored are no longer listed in Myth. Later I discovered that it was because
the recorded table had been corrupted. I imagine that this is due to MySQL
limitations, and has nothing to do with when Myth updates... :)