[mythtv] video window focus or positioning?

John Joseph Roets jjr at sunflower.com
Wed Jan 15 12:30:45 EST 2003

Hey guys -- I do really hate to bother you, and I did try to find
mention of this within the archives, but with no luck.

I have a few peculiar problems regarding video playback...
[1] With desktop @ 640x480, with theme.txt at default 800x600 layout,
live TV works great, playback appears to work, but there is no video.
Sounds works, I can FF, REW, etc, but not see it.
[2] With desktop @ 640x480, with theme.txt at empty resolution layout
(when not set, will max to screen), live TV and playback no longer work
as in #1, above.
[2] With desktop @ 800x600, with theme.txt with theme.txt at default
800x600 layout, live TV and playback fails to show video as in #1.

When I switch to live video, I do get the following:
Changing from none to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer...
Using XV port 87

When I switch to watch a recording, I get the following:
Changing from none to WatchingPreRecorded
Invalid seektable
Using XV port 87

I suspect that it is something simple which I have failed to understand
completely.  Has anyone else seen such behavior?

I have:
IBM Netvista P4 @ 1.8 GHz 256MB RAM [I got this for ~$350! about 6
months ago]
ATI TV-Wonder VE
Intel i810 onboard sound with ALSA
nVidia RIVA TNT2
RH 8.0 -- Gnome

Thank you greatly.

P.S. I am in awe with Myth, and do seriously appreciate the work of
Mr.Richards, Zimmerman, et al.  I'd certainly buy you a beer (or
whatnot) if you're ever in the Kansas City area.

--

/**
 * john joseph roets
 * joe at createtank.com