[mythtv] Record now?

Dave Ball daveb at ball-home.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 23:19:56 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 15:53, Stephan Wentz wrote:
> btw, can a debug-switch be implemented? i'd like to see all the queries that
> are made for example... and maybe some other things like uptime, etc...

To log all queries run on a mysql server, edit the mysql startup scripts
to pass the --log option to mysqld (or safe_mysqld)
i.e.
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf --log=/home/mysql.log &

Some distributions do this by default (mandrake?) - others dont
(redhat?) If no file is specified for the log, it ends up as
hostname.log in the mysql data dir (/var/lib/mysql on RH)