[mythtv] Asus a7n266-vm, EPG and audio

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Thu Jan 16 15:10:12 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 11:01, m0j0.j0j0 wrote:
> > 	You can force the device numbers that btaudio uses by passing
> > options to the module.  In modules.conf:
> >
> > options btaudio dsp1=1 dsp2=2 mixer=1
>
> Thanks! This seems to work for the first capture card. Any ideas how I
> get it to work for my second? I get the following error...

It's probably bad form to answer one's own question, but I thought I'd
post in-case someone else runs into this problem...

I made my modules.conf look like:

alias char-major-81 bttv
options bttv card=1,10 pll=1 tuner=2,2
post-install bttv insmod btaudio
pre-install btaudio modprobe snd-pcm-oss

Now the oss stuff grabs dsp0 first, and btaudio grabs dsp1-4.

Still stuck on getting dsp1 audio to Myth correctly though. Just keeps
making a thumping sound which gets louder and louder. If anyone is using
the a7n266 w/ digital audio from a capture card, I'd love to hear about
your sound settings.

Thanks,
-j