[mythtv] Anybody else having "unknown" listings in the EPG?

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 17 19:35:34 EST 2003

>> Yes, see the thread "zap2it listings broken".  I am working
>> around it by using an older version of XMLTV, which uses older-format
>> zap2it pages/listings that are correct.  The older listings also
>> don't have the problem where programs which span midnight (like "The
>> Tonight Show") look like they end at midnight.

c> Which version are you using for xmltv.  I thought the earlier versions
c> were broken by a recent zap2it change.

	They were.  As I said in the earlier thread, I'm using 0.5.2
with a patch.  Almost two months ago, the listings format changed on
tvlistings2 such that XMLTV (or ZapListings.pm to be precise) broke.
A new version of ZapListings was released to parse the new format.
There was another round of changes a few weeks ago which required the
release of 0.5.6.  In the last few days, the listings themselves were
broken -- they were missing a number of primetime shows for the big
three networks.

	However, the pages on tvlistings never changed format back in
November so a quick patch (that Bruce mentions in his reply) was to
change tvlistings2 to tvlistings in the older version of
ZapListings.pm.  This still works today and the listings aren't
missing any shows.  Note that if you revert to 0.5.2, the xmltv config
file will need to be regenerated.

	To confuse things further, it appears that the tvlistings2
pages have been fixed today so version 0.5.6 will probably work
again.  (I'm sticking with patched 0.5.2 though.  The tvlistings2
pages will probably change again.  Also, they still have the bug with
shows that span midnight.)
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net