[mythtv] Matrox G200 TV out works! HOWTO!

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Sat Jan 18 11:21:36 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:10:26PM -0500, John wrote:

> Ok, so I'm trying to follow the instructions below, but they're built for
> someone building their kernel from scratch I think, and I'm not sure how to
> do that.

Chances are Mandrake ships with some instructions for compiling a custom
kernel in Mandrake so you might want to start there.  The short and not at
all detailed summary of what you'll do is:

1.  Download or install from your Mandrake Cd the kernel source.
2.  Run one of the kernel config tools and use it to select what features you
want compiled into the kernel.
3.  Compile the kernel
4.  Install your newly compiled kernel.

It's a bit of a pain the first time because there are so many options to
choose from and you'll probably go through the above several times before
you get it right but later on adding additional features is easy.

--
Ray