[mythtv] Record now?

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Sun Jan 19 09:03:01 EST 2003

I thought of one more "nice to have" for us busy parents.  It is a
completely normal occurance in my house to pause a movie a get back to it
hours later.

If I'm watching live TV, and pause to deal with a "crisis" and leave it
paused passed the end of a show, it would be nice to have the ring buffer
automatically be converted into a recording of that show.  It could stop
recording (liveTV'ing) after the show is over; presumably I don't care
about shows after the one I'm watching.  I know I could set the ring
buffer abnormally large but like I said it could be hours later, and
that's gigabytes of ring buffer.

Larry