[mythtv] s-video input / widescreen tv ?

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Mon Jan 20 14:59:26 EST 2003

At 20-1-03 14:44, you wrote:
 > I cannot use RGB output because my dvd player is already plugged in my
>only rgb-compatible scart on my tv. Except if I use a multiple SCART
>adapter but I don't really want to.

Just create a auto-switch adapter. You can switch to the DVD player
whenever you detect an output signal, otherwise connect the PVR. That's
what I'm going to do, same situation here. I only turn on the DVD player
when I use it, so it will default to mythTV. Final target is removing the
antenna input from the TV altogether, and use it as a display for the PVR.

I don't think you can buy a good quality switch though, I am going to use a
few miniature relais (best quality for low price), so if you have
solder-iron-fear or a tight budget this one is not for you :-)

For an idea of commercial automatic products (no idea about quality):
http://www.threedoubleyou.com/quattroscart.htm

Erik