[mythtv] Xv support error

Ryan A. Carris rac at racarris.com
Mon Jan 20 20:41:54 EST 2003

I bought a new Asus A7n266-VM motherboard (Nforce) and Athlon XP1700 for
Myth.  I'm also using a Hauppague 401 card.  I did a fresh install of
Mandrake 9.0, Nvidia Unified Drivers.rpm, ALSA, and Myth.  ALSA works,
aplay will play all the sounds.  I'm using XFree86-4.2.1 w/ Nvidia
Geforce2 Integrated driver.

Mythfrontend starts, but when I try and watch TV, I get the following
error message:

"Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...
Couldn't find Xv support, exiting"

Typing xvinfo gets:
"X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
   Adapter #0: "video4linux"
     number of ports: 1
.... continues for a page or so."

Based on a post here, I added the following to my XFree86Config-4 "Load
GLcore and Load xie" under modules, so that it looks like the following:
Section "Module"
   Load "dbe"
   Load "v4l"
   Load "extmod"
   Load "Type1"
   Load "freetype"
   Load "glx"
   Load "GLcore"
   Load "xie"
EndSection

Also of note, the Mandrake setup will only let me select 16bit color for
all resolutions :(

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm guessing it is the video driver
that is causing the error with Myth. If so, how do I go about getting a
better one and updating it?

thanks

-rac