[mythtv] MythTV black screen with sound

COFFMAN Steven SCoffman at COVANSYS.com
Tue Jan 21 10:22:53 EST 2003

Hi,
I was the one that couldn't get MythTV 0.7 to display anything other than black although the sound works, as does xawtv (even in fullscreen).
I removed it, and installed from CVS and I have the same problem now. (the KDE taskbar still shows up, but the rest of the screen is black). Using the keyboard command to switch out of fullscreen mode makes the black square smaller. Setup is ATI TV Wonder + Athlon CPU + Radeon 8500 + RedHat 8.0 + ALSA + KDE (Kwin).

I recompiled a new (changing the settings.pro to debug) version, and ran mythbackend using GDB. It doesn't seem extremely useful, but I thought I'd post it on the off chance that it is. I really appreciate any help.

tarting program: /usr/local/bin/mythbackend
(no debugging symbols found)...[New Thread 8192 (LWP 4833)]
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
[New Thread 16385 (LWP 4865)]
[New Thread 8194 (LWP 4866)]
[New Thread 16387 (LWP 4867)]
adding: geardreams as a player 1
adding: geardreams as a player 0
[New Thread 24580 (LWP 4873)]
adding: geardreams as a player 0
adding: geardreams as a remote ringbuffer
[New Thread 32773 (LWP 4874)]
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[New Thread 40966 (LWP 4875)]
[New Thread 49159 (LWP 4876)]
[New Thread 57352 (LWP 4877)]
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
adding: geardreams as a player 1
adding: geardreams as a player 0
[New Thread 65545 (LWP 4907)]
adding: geardreams as a player 0
adding: geardreams as a remote ringbuffer
[New Thread 73738 (LWP 4908)]
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[New Thread 81931 (LWP 4909)]
[New Thread 90124 (LWP 4910)]